Monday, March 30, 2009

Weekend Quest 2 and Resident Evil 5

Early this morning intended for Yesterday.

I tried to take pictures with strangers over the course of the weekend, but I failed. . many times.  But I did manage to write www.mydamnchannel.com on my apartment's big calendar of activities, even though I just realized there aren't that many activities planned for the month.




I ran out of black ink... and purple was the next pen I grabbed out of my backpack.

I wrote that while standing on my skateboard with people walking by awkwardly looking at me with the "wtf is he doing?" face.  /whispers "for Grace ;)"


Yesterday

Beat Resident Evil 5 (RE5) on Normal mode.  Haven't beaten any Resident Evil games before, but have tried them out.  RE5 made me want to go play the previous titles.. or just read up on the series.  

It was mung's game.  Got him interested because I had told him I tried it out last week and it was pretty fun.  He contemplated between RE5 or Star Ocean: The Last Hope.

The game was entertaining.  There were many cut scenes, but I didn't mind too much because the cinematics were beautifully done.  I also enjoyed the in-game graphics and details as well; bloodstains, rusted metals, and all.  The music was decent.  The sound effects were superb.  

Gameplay was fun, although a little frustrating and annoying at times because I couldn't push the right buttons.  I haven't had much experience with X-box controllers and this was the first time I've beaten a game on an X-box.  B-button was X-button to me and X-button was B-button to me.  I grew up with Nintendo and the instinct of pressing the button to the left for the B-button and right for X-button kills us at times.  But even with me having to get use to the controller scheme and not being able to do things that I expect, like shoot while moving, the game wasn't too difficult.  The game was short, so we might replay on Veteran mode.  Let's see how crazy things can really get!

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha, good one kingy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a result of what you wrote on the calendar, CV ended up making a new calendar.

    ReplyDelete